Wednesday, September 17, 2014

My Trip To Russia: Dacha

    The summer before my 8th grade year, I traveled to Russia with my mother and sister. One of the things we did was go to our friend's dacha. It was about an hour, by bus, outside of Voronezh, which is about twelve hours, by train, south of Moscow. We stayed in a small house with four other people. It was simple. There was an outhouse and an outdoor shower but no running water. They had a beautiful garden with many flowers and an apricot tree. My sister and I would sit in it and eat apricots. On the top floor of the house, you could open the window and see fields of sunflowers. We ate delicious food and drank compot. There was a lake within walking distance that everyone in the area swam at. I met children that were acrobats in training because their parents were acrobats in the circus. I also met other girls who were named Rita and Margarita.

No comments: