Saturday, December 6, 2008

Get Smart

While I was studying for exams, I watched the movie Get Smart with Steve Carell and Anne Hathaway, and I realized that there was a bunch of spoken Russian in the movie. Another plus, I understood some of it! So, while you're studying for exams, take a break, test your Russian comprehension and watch a hilarious movie!!

Here are some of the great quotes from the movie:
Siegfried: How do I know you're not from CONTROL?
Maxwell Smart: If I were from CONTROL, you'd already be dead.
Siegfried: 
If you were from CONTROL, YOU'D already be dead.
Maxwell Smart: 
Neither of us is dead, so I'm obviously not from CONTROL.
[long pause]
Shtarker: 
That actually makes sense. 

The Chief: Around the world our people are under attack. CHAOS has learned the identities of all of our field agents. They hit us and they hit us hard. Fortunately we have a new agent?
Maxwell Smart: 
Who's that sir?
Maxwell Smart: [after he gets recruited as a new agent] 
I request a cone of silence.
Maxwell Smart: [he doesn't press the button hard enough so everyone can hear him] 
Oh, I'm so happy! I'm so happy! This is the best day of my life!
Lloyd: 
You didn't press the button hard enough...
Maxwell Smart: 
Right. 

Agent 23: We don't follow the rules then what are we?
The Chief: 
We're not people who jam staples into other peoples heads. That's CIA crap. 

Larabee: "I'll do it sir, I have no problem exposing myself."
Agent 99: "Do you ever think before you open your mouth?"
Larabee: "No, I just tend to whip it out there"

Maxwell Smart: "I think it's only fair to warn you, this facility is surrounded by a highly trained team of 130 black op snipers."
Siegfried: "I don't believe you."
Maxwell Smart: "Would you believe 2 dozen Delta Force commandos?"
Siegfried: "No."
Maxwell Smart: "How about Chuck Norris with a BB gun?"

and my favorite...

Maxwell Smart: "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"
The Chief: "I don't know. Were you thinking 'Holy shit, holy shit! A swordfish almost went through my head?' Because if you are, then we're on the same page."

enjoy!

No comments: