Monday, May 4, 2009

End of the year reflection



Why did I decide to take Russian? I want to work in global market research at Goldman Sachs. I want to be a Russian spy for the CIA. It offers lots of scholarship opportunities. These are the answers I give when people ask me why I study Russian. Do you want to know the real reason I decided to take Russian? T.a.T.u., plain and simple, Я сошла с ума, All the Things She Said, got me where I am today. I remember the day we learned what the phrase сошла с ума meant, I thought to myself, "Mission accomplished." 

Needless to say, I've needed to do some re-evaluating my goals. Goal number 2: Memorize lots of russian poetry and collect some номер телефон. Speaking of телефон, that poem was not a good start. You can't even pretend that poem is suave, it rhymes like mother goose. 

Here is the video that got me interested in the mother tongue:


Here is the poem we were required to memorize for our final:



Not even close.

Next fall I am taking all Russian classes with the exception of Honors 3. Hopefully next Spring I will be abroad in the motherland. It seems like Russian pop has gotten me pretty far. 

No comments: