Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Clever Russian Commercial

I'm not exactly sure how I came across this little commerical, but it amused me. I have no idea what is being said (although hopefully I will soon!), but understanding Russian isn't really necessary to understand the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np5r-gYso5w

However, I would like to point out that the company in the video is called "Vigvam Insurance", most obviously an English name. I wonder if that is very important; is the service bad because it is an American/English company? Maybe one of the points of the commericial is "Use a decent, welcoming, Russian insurance agency".

3 comments:

Dr. Michael A. Denner said...

осага=обязательное страхование автогражданской ответственности... it's a funny commercial. you got the gist. essentially, the guy looks for the office (and it gives an accurate idea of what it's like to find an address in moscow!), then walks into the agency and says "i want a choice for OSAGA" and everyone disappears...

Dr. Michael A. Denner said...

oops... osaga="required insurance for owners of cars"... in 2003, russia started to require everyone to carry insurance. lots of complaints, but it's now law.

Courtney Williams said...

I saw this on collegehumor.com a few weeks ago, I thought it was funny too but I didn't understand it either... haha =)