Wednesday, October 8, 2008

This past summer I was in Russia during the European Cup. This ofcourse is a crazy time for any European country but exspecially for Russia because they did suprisingly well considering they were not expected to make it very far. I was in Vladimir when they won against the Netherlands. I wasn't out at the bars watching the game or anything but I could hear everything going on from my hotel room. It was crazy!! When Russia got a goal you could hear crowds of people shouting goooooalllll. And when they won it seemed like the whole city was celebrating. I dont think one person in vladimir was not out on the streets cheering and chanting the ole ole ole song and "Россия Россия!". It was pretty intense. I found a clip on youtube that sums up what went on after the victory over Netherlands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tuMjwJdHi4

No comments: