These buttery melt-in-your-mouth cookies go by many names but they are always twice rolled in powdered sugar and filled with finely chopped nuts.
Publix Shoppers! Digital coupons now available on Betty!
- cup butter or margarine, softened
- cup powdered sugar
- teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4
- cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- cup finely chopped nuts
- teaspoon salt
- Powdered sugar
- 1 Heat oven to 400ºF.
- 2 Mix butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and the vanilla in large bowl. Stir in flour, nuts and salt until dough holds together.
- 3 Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 4 Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set but not brown. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool slightly on wire rack.
- 5 Roll warm cookies in powdered sugar; cool on wire rack. Roll in powdered sugar again.