Ingredients for Russian Beef Stroganoff:
2 lbs steak – I used: “beef round bottom round thin sliced” or any kind of sirloin should work. 1 tsp Mrs. Dash seasoning1/8 tsp pepper1/2 tsp salt1/8 tsp paprika2 Tbsp Olive Oil1 1/2 Tbsp Soy Sauce1 1/2 cups water1 large garlic clove, finely grated or pressed1 1/2 cups whipping Cream2 Tbsp butter1 1/2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F
- Trim beef of excess fat and slice it into 1/2-inch strips
- Fill a medium pot ⅔ with water and bring to a boil. Add beef and return to a boil. Boil until impurities rise to the top. Skim off impurities with a spoon. Remove from heat and rinse the beef in a colander.
- Place the beef in a dutch oven (for baking) or a regular pot with a tight fitting lid.
- Stir in Mrs. Dash, Pepper, Salt, Paprika, Olive Oil and Soy Sauce. Add 1 cup water. Cover and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes (at 350°F). Check meat after 1 hour - if the meat has absorbed most of the water, add another ½ cup water. (For stove-top cooking, put on tight fitting lid and cook over medium heat until meat is soft, occasionally stirring and checking the water level). There should be enough water to keep the meat moist - remember it's not a soup
- After the meat has been baking for 1 and ½ hours, remove from the oven and add the grated/pressed garlic
- Stir in 1½ cups whipping cream
- Melt butter, then blend flour into butter using a fork than add butter mixture to the pot and stir to combine.
- Bake an additional 25 minutes. Beef should be very tender and sauce should have a gravy texture. You can add more cream if it gets too thick.