Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Second-Year Russian, Language Lab for Unit 1, week 3

Привет, ребята! Какая сегодня погода? Наверное, идёт дождь и жарко! Летом во Флориде!

Сначала... Напишите, пожалуйста, тест! Take your QUIZ!

Then... Check out this fabulous PowerPoint! (Download it and execute it!)

Замечательно! Awesome! Do you understand the difference between ли and если? Note particularly that most если clauses are in the future... Если будет тепло, то мы погуляем в лесу! If it rains, then we'll take a walk in the woods!

Прослушайте стихи Лермонтова! Listen to Lermontov's poetry, reading along... Right-click and open the sound file separately, so you can read the text as the actor reads the poem.

Listen a couple times, then come to the tables and work with me and the tutors. I want you to read the poem aloud so we can check your произношение... И сделаем несколько упражнений по граматике. And we'll do a couple exercises on если versus ли.

Finally, remember that your portfolio is due TOMORROW.  Sign up for a slot for your устное выступление, your Oral Performance. Вот ваше задание! 


1)   Какое ваше самое любимое время года у нас во Флориде? I’ll ask you what your favorite season is here in Florida. You tell me what it is, and why. Я очень люблю зиму у нас во Флориде. Не очень жарко, солнце светит каждый день, никогда не идёт дождь... Можно купаться в море!  Maybe you like it when it’s hot? Maybe you like it when it’s rainy? What do you do in that season? (Maybe you ride bikes, or swim, or build snowmen, or rake leaves). Очень интересно!  

2)   Давайте сделаем маленький диалог! Call me up! Invite me to do something (Let’s go to the park! Let’s go for a ride on bikes!). Привет, Майкл! Давай поедем на дачу! Мы будем кататься на велосипеде! I’ll ask whether it’s not too cold or too hot to do that. Tell me what temperature it is now, and then tell me that today’s gonna be AWESOME and WARM. I’ll ask Какая это температура по Фаренгейту? По фаренгейту, это будет 25 градусов! ell me!  I’ll ask what we’ll do if it rains, and you tell me that we’ll come home early. Then we’ll say buh-bye. Easy. 1 minute dialogue.  (This is all closely based on Диалог 1 в учебнике)
3) Плюс... Лермонтов! Don't forget to memorise your poem! 

No comments: