Wednesday, November 19, 2014

My trip to St. Petersburg, Russia

December 2012, I had the amazing opportunity to compete internationally at St. Petersburg, Russia in a piano competition.  Having never been to Russia before I experienced a massive culture shock. Initially I did not enjoy my time there but at the end of the two weeks I realized it was an incredibly cultured place.

The Hermitage
   


A synagogue that we went to
 ,   



CEBEP - name of an amazing cake/pasty/sweet shop

  


  

Watched Gergiev (very famous Russian conductor)
 
Conducted an orchestra
 
 Conducting at an Opera - Mariinsky Theater



Look! The River is starting to freeze!


Random Stuff

  

 

By far my favorite image....we needed to keep the cakes frozen that we got from CEBEP and the freezer in our hotel  was way to small for it and it was below freezing so we simply hung it outside the hotel room which was on the top floor.


All photos are credited to my father (except the last one...that one is mine)

No comments: