Thursday, September 13, 2007

Tolstoy meets the Young Indiana Jones...

I'm featured as one of the main talking heads in two of the documentaries mentioned in the press release below (the one on Russian Literature and the one on Tolstoy). They were filmed by Lucas Films as additional materials for the DVD version of The Young Indiana Jones. I'd forgotten about them (they were filmed two years ago) until I got advance copies in the mail. The project is pretty cool -- scores of new documentaries on various topics, all with very high production values.

I'm too vain to watch -- so vain, I can't stand to see myself. (There's a paradox there somewhere.) Anyway, maybe the Russian Club will screen them this semester. I'm told I come off well, but I doubt it.

Read the whole press release here.

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif.The Emmy®-award winning series
THE ADVENTURES OF YOUNG INDIANA JONES
makes its long-awaited DVD debut on Oct. 23 with an unprecedented array of all-new bonus materials, which allow viewers to dig deeper into the real-life events behind young Indy’s globe-trotting coming-of-age.

“I’ve always been fascinated by the people and events of history,” said
George Lucas, creator of the series that ran on network television from 1992 to 1994. “Young Indiana Jones gave me the chance to explore issues and ideas that had so much to do with the emergence of the modern age we live in today.”

THE ADVENTURES OF YOUNG INDIANA JONES Volume One is the first of three collections of the series and is released by Lucasfilm Ltd., CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Entertainment. The first 12-disc set includes seven feature-length episodes as well as 38 in-depth companion documentaries, an historical overview, an interactive game and an interactive timeline.

No comments: