Friday, September 21, 2007

Chandelier of Bottles

ok so, I stumbled across this and just thought it was a bit odd (and random as well). I don't know if this is done by any old joe or what, but whoever he is, he found a much better use for empty plastic bottles. Forget about recycling; Make bottle chandeliers instead!(Maybe it was done by a professional bottle...chandelier...person... =/ I don't know) These nifty little creations can be spotted dangling from the trees in an unspecified St. Petersburg park. There really wasn't much information about these in particular so I can't claim any expertise in this area (although I have seen Beer Bottle Chandeliers). I actually got this from the site EnglishRussia.com where they post news, pictures, videos, etc. all dealing with Russia.

I really want to know who wakes up and suddenly thinks "You know what, I'm gonna take my empty bottles, string them together, and hang them all over St. Petersburg!" They are pretty cool looking though, no?
I guess if I had a lot of spare time, I would do something creative too...just maybe something else...




1 comment:

Dr. Michael A. Denner said...

Beautiful. Cool site, too. Lots of interesting photos. If you like that kind of stuff, try Flickr's Russia Daily Photo:
http://www.flickr.com/groups/russiadailyphoto/