Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Recent Winter Olympics


In the recent Winter Olympics, Evgeni Viktorovich Plushenko came in second place, winning the silver for Russia! He was born in Solnechny, Khabarovsk Krai, Soviet Union on November 3, 1982. He now resides on Saint Petersburg, Russia. I watched him on live TV in awe. He was amazing on the ice even after taking a three year hiatus from resting his past knee injuries. His program for the 2009-2010 was: "Concierto de Aranjuez" by Joaquin Rodrigo, "Tango Amore" by Edvin Marton, and "Je Suis Malade" by Serge Lama. It was graceful, sophisticated, elegant, precise, and beautiful. I watched each of his song performances and would have loved to watch his whole program but they kept going back to the USA and different events. I hope that he is more events in the future and that I know about them so that I can either watch them or be updated because in my opinion, Plushenko is the best figure-skater I have ever seen.


No comments: