- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Beat butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar and the vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon.
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Stir in nuts.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until set but not brown.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet; roll in powdered sugar.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Roll in powdered sugar again.(food.com)