- 1 Leg of lamb (de-boned)
- 1-2 Large yellow onions, or any sweet onion, Diced.
- 2-3 Lemons, just the juice.
- 3-4 Tablespoons Olive oil
- Fresh ground pepper
- 2 Teaspoons of salt (or more to taste)
- 2 Minced cloves of garlic
- Trim most of the fat from the lamb and wash and dry it. Cube the meat into 1 ½ inch cubes
- Place everything listed above in a large mixing bowl and give it a good stir.
- Put everything in a gallon zip bag and put in the fridge overnight.
- Pull bag out an hour before you grill. Fire up your grill to HOT. 500+ degrees.
- Put the meat on skewers with a little space between each piece so it will brown on all sides. Coat the grill with cooking spray or and oil soaked cloth first to prevent sticking
- Depending on the heat, cook for about 5 minutes and then rotate until browned on all sides.
- When they’re brown (10-12 minutes over high heat) , use a knife to check if they’re pink (not red) in the center.
- Get a thick metal or ceramic pot and pull the meat off the skewers and put them right in the pot and and immediately cover it to prevent the meat from becoming too dry.
- Try to time this as close to the eating time as possible.
- Add a little more salt and pepper to taste and dig in.