While reading about Russia, I came across some rather random and often obscure facts. Some may be fact, some may be fiction, but all are at least somewhat interesting. For this post I've collected 10 of my favorites.
1. McDonald's "local" food for Russia includes McShrimp.
2. Some rich people use ambulances in order to get around traffic.
3. Though we are often critiqued for our own low voter turnout, how does that compare to Russia's turnout of 146% in one district?
4. Beer was considered non-alcoholic until 2011.
5. 25% of Russian men die before 55. 1.5 liters of vodka weekly may have some effect on that.
6. Whistling indoors is not good per Russian superstition.
7. Russia's land mass is so large it covers 9 time zones.
8. Russia and the US are actually less than 3 miles apart (at the closest point).
9. Metro 2 is a supposed secret metro line running below the main line and used to connect underground bunkers.
10. Russian citizens can identify as any ethnicity...including Hobbit.
Russia. A one-of-a-kind place.