(makes ~15 crepes)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of milk (or heavy cream for more indulgent blini)
- 1T sugar
- 1/2t salt
- approx. 2 cups of flour
- 2T canola or vegetable oil + more for rubbing the pan
- Whisk eggs, milk, sugar and salt
- Slowly start stirring in flour. Start with a cup, and stir a little more at a time until you get a runny batter but not as thin as milk - don't stress about this step, you can always adjust as you go!
- Stir in oil
- Let rest for 15 minutes
- Preheat a 10" pan over medium heat and rub with oil (I pour some in a little cup and dip a paper towel in, then run it around the pan before making each blin)
- Use a 1/4 cup or 1/3 cup measurer the scoop the batter into the middle of the pan, then quickly tilt the pan in a circular motion until the batter spreads to cover the pan surface. It should be a very thin layer*.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on the first side, until small bubbles form on top and the crepe is light golden brown on the bottom. Flip and cook for 30 seconds. Repeat until batter is used (don't forget to rub the pan with oil each time!)
- As always, enjoy with sweetened condensed milk, sour cream and jam or any toppings, dips, or fillings of your choice. :)