RUSSIAN TEA CAKES
1 cup of butter
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
6 tablespoons of confectioners' sugar
2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 cup of chopped walnuts
1/3 cup of confectioners' sugar for decoration
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) In a medium bowl, cream butter and vanilla until smooth.
3) Combine the 6 tablespoons of confectioners' sugar and the 2 cups of all-purpose flower. Stir into butter mixture until just blended.
4) Mix in the chopped walnuts.
5) Roll dough into 1-inch balls, and place them 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
6) Once oven is finished pre-heating, keep the temperature at 350 degrees F and bake for 12 minutes.
7) When cool, roll the cakes in the remaining confectioners' sugar.